Sunday, October 02, 2011

To The Glorious Ones

Today I was reading psalm 16 and it spoke to me very much.

Verse 3 stood out to me particularly. In the NIV it says:

As for the saints who are in the land, they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.

So many people over the last three weeks have been our glorious ones - our "heroes" as the NLT puts it.

Friends who have cared for our children, who have fetched random items, who have prayed.

Because of the Glorious Ones in our life my freezer is being kept full and we have more cake than we know what to do with (seriously, Jon is drowning in cake right now).

Friends who have messaged me to say they were woken by an urge to pray for me at 12:30am - which was just when I had locked myself out of my room while wearing underwear and a towel.

And the Glorious Ones whom I have never met. Friends of friends who have sent us packages of goodies - baby items, little luxuries etc. Online friends who I have swapped only homeschooling stories or facebook status with who have cooked me meals, sent me fruit baskets, nourished me body and soul. Prayed for me.

The silent Glorious Ones who have told friends to tell friends to tell friends to let me know they are praying for me. People whose names are not even slightly familiar who have interceded for us, who I cannot hope to thank in person until we are all in Glory together.

The staff members - doctors, nurses, other - who have let me know in quiet ways that they are praying for me. Who have served us with hands of angels.

I cannot ever think to thank all of those who have been there for us.

But if any of you are reading this, my Glorious Ones, My Heroes.

Thank you.

1 comment:

Bek Ross said...

There are prickles under my eyelids and salt water spilling out of them.