Saturday, September 17, 2011

a gold morning

Dear friends,

I found something I didn't know existed....a quiet morning on cardio. I slept well last night only waking to express and occasionally panic and look at my clock or start at imaginary alarms! I expressed even more milk than previously overnight. In the morning I was determined to just chill with my girl. After a chat I put my feet up and cruised online, sorting out the support pages on here, researching, facebooking. Just cruising. Not one alarm went off on Kaylee's monitors. I expressed and had a nap. I am expressing once again before I go back in. It was bliss.

I do not expect this afternoon to be as easy. We will be cleaning up where her central line went in now it has had a chance to clot. Past experience has shown that when she gets tired out she forgets to breathe, so we will see how her afternoon goes.

But that morning, it was gold.

3 comments:

Seaweed and Raine said...

Hope your gold is sprinkled with diamonds tonight! (Peace and quiet and stars perhaps?) So pleased for you!!! :)

Jean V. said...

Hello dear Jess! Anna gave me your blog and I have been reading both of your progress reports daily. What a fabulous way to share your journey with your friends!Thankyou. Praise God for this fantastic 'gift' of communication you have been blessed with and the very precious time you have with your beautiful Kaylee! I will continue to pray for you both and the family at home. Truly this is,'seasons of ups and downs' Ecc3:1-8 Jean XX

kate said...

So happy to read this post! I am praying for more gold you for and Kaylee!