Sunday, August 23, 2009

How to make your living area sparkle-arkle!

In Five Simple Steps

Step 1: send older two children away as a special treat with Daddy to visit overnight with Nanny and Poppy.

Step 2: put two younger children to bed for their afternoon nap

Step 3:
Eat a whole block of DARK chocolate with bits of raspberry through it while you surf the 'net and otherwise procrastinate. You may feel slightly queazy toward the end of the block, but persevere. Reason that Beloved doesn't LIKE raspberries so it would be downright CRUEL to leave it and eat it in front of him.

Step 4:
Get a sugar buzz/caffene high LIKE NO OTHER YOU HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED and clean everything in sight including the two younger children who have now woken up from their naps.

Step 5:
By the time you have finished step 4 you will have fed and put the children in bed again as it will take a few hours, even totally buzzed. Wonder as you put your breastfed infant to bed why she is so chirpy and wide awake at bed time. Look around at a job well done and push aside the niggling temptation to go and get another block so you can get the kitchen/dining/bathroom area done too.

2 comments:

Momma Bug said...

Oh My! I'll take step by step lessons from you on ANY household task!!!

I smiled all through your previous post Jess. I couldn't have said it better, and just had that conversation with a friend of mine.
Oh how I loath the "take care of ME first" mentality, but yet...
There is a small grain of truth hidden in that selfish attitude somewhere.
Just what WOULD happen if you reached the end of that rope? I hope I never find out myself ;-D
I am learning to find those quiet moments to "escape" for a little bit and not feel bad about it.
If I get up early though, my children "sense" it and my day just starts earlier.
Have to find some other ways I guess.

What a wonderful blessing to have understanding and gracious husbands! I suppose they know how to get the best out of us!
:-)

Jess said...

I like to think I am trying to follow a good example (Now in the morning, having risen a long while before daylight, He went out and departed to a solitary place; and there He prayed. Mark 1:35) it is just a matter of sticking with it! My kids know they are not to get up until they are told they can unless they want to risk the morning wrath of Mummy and Daddy (not a good kind of wrath that one) plus I get out of the house so even if they do wake up, Beloved can handle them for the first bit!

Thanks for the award Susan!