Monday, March 09, 2009

Some 'tweaking' needs to happen here.

OK, this isn't working. I set myself some goals again last week and to be honest I got so run off my feet I couldn't even keep track of what I was and was not doing! Sarah the Saint retired meaning I am doing all my own cleaning again (I won't get anyone else in for a while, I want to see how I go now I am not the size of a hippo!) plus we got some new shelves so I am rearranging the house and I have been treating the kids excema and running around to the doctor and then just the usual general 'life' stuff on top of that. BUT I do feel it is important to take care of myself physically, set goals and get myself fit (or at least fitter) before I get pregnant again. So we are scaling back and making this thing fit with the rest of my life.

One goal or habit per week I am going to work on. Simple, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic and Timely - SMART!

This week I am going to work on only eating raw fruit and vegetables between meals.

3 comments:

PUPPPsMom said...

Hi there. I found you via Annalene's (Mommabug's) blog. She mentioned you were having trouble with eczema in your little one's. So am I! Do you mind if I pick your brain a bit?

My little girl is almost 4 months old, and she's had eczema for about 2 months. I'm in the process of cutting out food to figure out if it's a food trigger. I've cut out dairy for 10 days, then reintroduced it, and she broke out on her belly. I haven't had wheat in nearly two weeks, with no improvement on her part. I'm also off eggs. We're using Aveeno lotion to keep her skin moist. Any pointers beyond all this?

Thanks!!!
~Jana

Jess said...

Hey Jana, I am no expert on this one but this is what has worked for me so far. For Anna I went off dairy and started applying coconut oil every nappy change and I saw almost immediate improvement. I also give her my "anti-itch" bath, I posted the recipe on the blog. Christopher didn't seem to have a dietry catalyst, I think his is dust and heat. I use a VERY mild steroid cream from the Dr morning and night then coconut oil and the "anti-itch" bath and that has cleared it beautifully. Plus, they smell like coconut! I've found with Christopher he needs the steroid cream for a bit then the natural stuff keeps it under control. Hope that helps!

PUPPPsMom said...

Jess, thank you! I saw that recipe. It's look quite helpful. I'm looking forward to trying your suggestions. I really appreciate it! My little girl is itchy!