Monday, February 09, 2009

My work out contract

Now my fourth pregnancy is finished I am feeling a little like the Saggy Baggy Elephant! I also have a few things that I'd like to do to make my next pregnancy more comfortable. The thing is, I have a severe case of "that which I know I should do, I do not do, and that which I know I should NOT do, I do".

For example:
I know I should exercise, you know I should exercise, we ALL know I should exercise. I feel better when I do it, it increases my fitness and stamina and strengthens the muscles that I need to carry these babies around (both the ones on the inside and the ones on the outside!). BUT, somehow it slips down under cleaning the toilet, reading to the kids and watching drivel on TV on the priorities list!

Another example:
Chocolate is yummy and I have no issue with the occasional treat. The word "occasional" is the key word that kind of slips. I do NOT need mugs of milk piled high with tablespoonfuls of Milo. I do NOT need snacks of chocolate and biscuits. I do NOT need to have 51 snacks a day, justifying it to myself as "oh, I'm breastfeeding" This habit is the reason why if I were cut in half, you'd be able to tell how many kids I have by counting the layers of "chubby"!

The point?

I need to be accountable to myself, and I am going to use the Blog to do it! I am setting myself some "S.M.A.R.T" goals (simple, measurable, attainable, realistic and timely) and I will report back each week. I don't diet as such when pregnant or breastfeeding (so ever really!) but I can make better choices than I do.

This week the goals are:

Ride the exercise bike for 20 minutes four times this week.
Walk to the post office four times this week (weather permitting)
Use my exercise videos three times this week
Take my iron supplement every day to build up my Iron stores.
Restrict yummy treats to Wednesday Afternoon tea and Sabbath meals
Snack only on raw fruit and vegetables
Drink at least 1.5L of water
Do Kegel Exercises twice a day

I'll let you know how I do, I'm sure you will be waiting with baited breath!

No comments: