Monday, May 19, 2008

Never Been Unloved

I'm not a huge Michael W Smith fan, but I heard this song playing on a blog with a music player and the lyric just hit my heart. It could have been written about me.


I have been unfaithful
I have been unworthy
I have been unrighteous
And I have been unmerciful

I have been unreachable
I have been unteachable
I have been unwilling
And I have been undesirable

And sometimes I have unwise
I've been undone by what I'm unsure of
But because of You
And all that You went through
I know that I have never been unloved

I have been unbroken
I have been unmended
I have been uneasy
And I've been unapproachable

I've been unemotional
I've been unexceptional
I've been undecided
And I have been unqualified

Unaware
I have been unfair
I've been unfit for blessings from above
But even I can see
The sacrifice You made for me
To show that I have never been unloved

It's because of You
And all that You went through
I know that I have never been unloved


It reminds me of the book of Hosea. Just as Hosea would go after his wife, time and time again, to buy her from the slave market where she was selling herself after whoring to the lowest she could go. Just as he took her home, bathed her and dressed her. Just as he anointed her and gave her all she could ever want - knowing she may well do it all again.


This is how my Lord pursues me.

No comments: