Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Great Husband Hunt

I wasn't going to Blog this week because things are a little insane with various office work for the business, organising stuff for the move and life generally all happening at once.

BUT

I had to share Erin's latest fancy. She is very excited about the baby in Mummy's Tummy and has on occasion proclaimed that there is a baby in HER tummy TOO. This is met with "No darling, you can have a baby in your tummy when you are a grown up lady with a husband to be your baby's Daddy" (traditional, yes - no apologies for that!! I am a big believer by kids being bought up by a Mum and a Dad who love each other).

The result of this has been The Great Husband Search. It started in the backyard with her running around yelling "I need to find a husband Mummy, where's my husband? I NEED a husband!!" and trying to marry the dog. This brought about the further clarification "God may give you a husband when you are a GROWN UP lady darling. There are lots of things you need to do and learn before you have a husband."

So as I am cooking toast for lunch and we are discussing the subject of things you need to learn before getting a husband, she pipes up with "I need to learn to make toast for my Yummy Husband!!" I nearly wet myself laughing. The Father of the Bride speech is writing itself already ROFL.

No comments: